In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the need for blood has increased and the need will become even more urgent during the holidays. The SEC is a force not only on the football field, but a force for giving back. Let’s join together for a blood drive challenge during SEC Football Championship week, December 13-19, 2020. The school with the most alumni and fans to donate blood will be awarded a trophy and bragging rights for the year.
Take part in the challenge by heading to your local blood drive location and making a donation. After completing your donation, simply submit the form below with the date you donated and the location.
This December, let's give back and show our SEC brothers and sisters that our blood bleeds purple and gold. Geaux Tigers!
How to Give?
Below is a list of suggested SEC Donation Centers.
- Alabama (Tuscaloosa)– Southern Blood Services or LifeSouth
- Arkansas (Fayetteville) – Community Blood Center of the Ozarks
- Auburn (Auburn) – LifeSouth
- Florida (Gainesville) – LifeSouth
- Georgia (Athens) – LifeSouth
- Kentucky (Lexington) – Kentucky Blood Center
- LSU (Baton Rouge) – Lifeshare or Vitalant
- Mississippi (Oxford) – Mississippi Blood Services
- Mississippi State (Starkville) – Mississippi Blood Services
- Missouri (Columbia)– Community Blood Center of the Ozarks
- South Carolina (Columbia) – Blood Connection or Shepeard Community Blood Center
- Tennessee (Knoxville) – Medic Regional Blood Center
- Texas A&M (College Station) – Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center or Blood Center of Brazos Valley
- Vanderbilt (Nashville) – Blood Assurance
We know Tigers come from all over, so if you are located outside of these areas, you can visit Vitalent, as they have locations across the US. If there is not one close to you, simply schedule an appointment at your nearest blood drive location. To help with tracking the challenge we are asking everyone who donates to fill out a form with the date you donated and the location.
I DONATED! NOw WHat?
Thank you, Tiger! Simply submit the form below to help us track our donations. Now, help us spread the word and show that Tiger spirit. Tell your family and friends how you participated in the SEC Blood Drive and make sure they sign up to give too. Geaux Tigers!